If you find it hard to resist the temptation of the cake shop and bakery then this cream slice recipe is for you. Made using filo pastry and low fat custard, you honestly wont be able to tell the difference. 182 calories per slice.
ADD TO MY PLAYLIST
Calories per serving
- 2 sheets filo pastry
- oil spray
- 1 x pack low fat custard
- 3 tbsps 3% Greek-style yogurt
- seeds from ½ vanilla pod
- 4 tbsps icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 190C, 375F, Gas Mark 5.
- Stack the filo pastry on top of each other and, using a sharp knife, cut into 12 individual rectangles.
- Very lightly grease a non-stick baking tray, stack the pastry into 6 piles, spraying lightly with oil spray in between each layer.
- Bake in the centre of the preheated for 10-15 minutes until crisp.
- Make up the custard as per the instructions and allow to cool. When cold, whisk in the yogurt and vanilla. Pull the pastry stacks apart and sandwich together, rebuilding with the custard mixture.
- Mix the icing sugar with a tiny amount of boiling water, enough to form a stiff paste. Drizzle on to the tops of each stack and allow to set.
- Arrnage on a plate and serve.