Butternut Squash and Apple Soup
A lovely spiced warming soup made with butternut squash and apple. Adding a touch of Indian spice and nutmeg adds a sweet flavour to perfectly compliment the curry powder. Perfect for freezing and only 124 calories per serving
ADD TO MY PLAYLIST
Butternut squash and apple soup
Calories per serving
- 1 butternut squash, peeled
- 1 cooking apple, peeled and diced
- 2 medium onions
- 1 tbsp medium curry powder
- pinch of ground nutmeg
- 500ml chicken stock
- 500ml semi-skimmed milk
- Cut the squash in half, remove the seeds and discard. Chop the flesh and place in a saucepan with the chicken stock, apple, onion and curry powder.
- Bring to a gentle simmer and cook until soft. Allow to cool, then pour into a blender and blend adding the nutmeg and milk. Return to the pan and reheat.
Butternut squash will keep for 2 weeks in the refrigerator.