Spring Vegetable Pasta Stir-Fry
Italian meets Chinese in this colourful and crunchy spring vegetable stir-fry with pasta. 283 calories per serving.
ADD TO MY PLAYLIST
Spring vegetable pasta stir-fry
Calories per serving
- 200g thin ribbon or tagliatelle pasta
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 200g asparagus spears
- 200g baby corn
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 8 spring onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 100g mangetout
- 100g chestnut mushrooms
- For the sauce
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the pasta in a pan of boiling water with the vegetable stock cube. Just before the pasta is cooked, add the asparagus spears to blanch them, then drain together in a colander and rinse with boiling water from a kettle.
- Meanwhile, heat a non-stick wok and dry-fry the onions and garlic until soft. Add the mangetout, baby corn, red pepper and mushrooms and toss well.
- Stir the cooked pasta and asparagus into the wok of vegetables.
- Mix together the sauce ingredients and stir in the vegetable and pasta mixture. Using 2 spoons, mix together thoroughly before serving.
- Serve this dish on its own garnished with chives or with a green salad.