Rich Spicy Meatballs
A man sized portion of gorgeous Italian meatballs this recipe is low in fat and only 258 calories per portion.
ADD TO MY PLAYLIST
Rich spicy meatballs
Calories per serving
- For the meatballs
- 400g minced pork
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 small red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp vegetable stock powder
- handful of brown breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- For the sauce
- 500g tomato passata
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1 tsp runny honey
- freshly ground black pepper
- Place all the meatball ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix well, or place in a food processor and process for a finer blend. Divide the mixture into 20 golfball-sized balls.
- Heat a non-stick pan and dry-fry the meatballs, browning them on all sides. Add the passata, basil and honey, and season with black pepper. Simmer for 20 minutes, adding water if required.
- Serve the meatballs and sauce with a selection of mixed vegetables and boiled new potatoes.