Pork and Apple Burgers
A healthy burger the whole family will love, a perfect treat with a twist!
ADD TO MY PLAYLIST
Pork and apple burgers
Calories per serving
- 450g minced pork
- 2 tsps vegetable stock powder
- 2 eating apples, grated
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh mixed herbs
- 8 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- freshly ground black pepper
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl, mix thoroughly and then season with black pepper.
- Divide the mixture into 4 and mould into burger shapes, squashing down flat with the palm of your hands.
- Preheat the grill to high. Cook the burgers under a hot grill for 10-15 minutes, turning regularly.
- Test if the meat is is cooked through to the centre by inserting a knife - if the knife comes out clean, the meat is cooked.
- Serve the burgers on ½ toasted bun per person with salad and a little tomato salsa.
This recipe works well using minced chicken or turkey or Quorn Mince instead of pork.