Pan Fried Liver and Bacon
Liver and onions is a great British favourite and makes a fabulous meal in just a few minutes. This low-fat recipe includes a modern twist by serving the liver on a bed of onion and bacon drizzled with sticky balsamic vinegar. Flash frying the liver keeps it melt in the mouth succulent. 204 cals 3.9% fat
ADD TO MY PLAYLIST
Pan-fried liver and bacon
Calories per serving
- 400g sliced lamb's liver
- 2 red onions, sliced
- 4 back bacon rashers, chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tbsps good-quality balsamic vinegar
- salt and cracked black pepper
- Preheat a non-stick frying pan.
- Season the liver with salt and black pepper and dry-fry until lightly browned, then remove from the pan and continue cooking until the onion is soft. Add the thyme and then the balsamic vinegar and stir well to de-glaze the pan.
- Transfer the liver to serving plates, drizzle with the bacon and onion and serve with 115g boiled new potatoes (with skins) per person and additional green vegetables.
Take care not to overcook the liver or it will become tough.