Gammon Joint cooked in Cola
This recipe for Gammon cooked in coke was made famous by celebrity chef Nigella Lawson - but is actually a tradition from the deep South. The sweet stickiness of the drink infuses the meat and combined with the orange and cinnamon elevates an ordinary gammon joint into something really special. 372 calories 4.7% fat.
ADD TO MY PLAYLIST
Gammon joint cooked in cola
Calories per serving
- 1 x 2.2kg joint of smoked gammon
- 1 litres Cola
- 2 small oranges
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 tbsps demerara sugar
- Place the gammon in a large saucepan and pour over the coke. Cut the oranges in half and add to the pan with the cinnamon stick.
- Cover with a lid and simmer gently for 1 hour. Remove from the coke and place in an ovenproof dish and sprinkle with the sugar.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200C, 400F, Gas Mark 6 for 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve hot carved with seasonal vegetables.
This ham is delicious cold in salads and sandwiches.