Cheesy Fish Pie
A lovely low fat family fish pie recipe - packed full taste but with none of the cream and butter laden calories of a regular fish pie. 307 calories per serving.
ADD TO MY PLAYLIST
Cheesy fish pie
Calories per serving
- 450g potatoes, peeled
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 450g mixed chunky boneless fish (eg cod, hake, haddock)
- 50g frozen peas
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 600ml semi-skimmed milk
- 1-2 tbsps cornflour
- 1 tsp vegetable stock powder
- 50g Rosemary Conley Low-fat Mature Cheese, grated
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C, 400F, Gas Mark 6.
- Boil the potatoes, then drain. Mash the potatoes, adding the chopped chives and a little cold milk.
- Cut the fish into bite-sized pieces and place in the bottom of an ovenproof dish. Add the frozen peas, then cover with the parsley and season with black pepper.
- Heat the milk in a saucepan. Mix the cornflour with a little extra cold milk and whisk into the hot milk. Stir in the stock powder, then pour the sauce over the fish.
- Top with the mashed potato, sprinkle the cheese on top and oven bake for 20 minutes. Serve with extra vegetables.